Tuesday, June 2, 2009

10th and 11th May,2009...My first day at Delhi and My first day at the office respectively

10th May is incidentally my mom-dad's marriage anniversary, a huge party was planned at our bungalow in Allahabad.I ,on the other hand, was on my way to Delhi, the national capital, the city with the hottest chicks(second to Chandigarh though,if you ask me, but more popular because of the huge number....I meant the number of girls ,mind you).The city which was on the fast lane to development,because of some Commonwealth Games in 2010(frankly speaking,I am of the view ,its not worth the hoopla).The city has come up so well lately.I was here a couple of years ago and now its almost like a generation ahead.You cant blame me for this though.I am from West Bengal after all.The same magnitude of change would have taken a generation and numerous bandhs and protests in my beloved state.Low floor buses, a super sexy metro and yea super hot girls.

I decided to put up at Kake-da-hottal. Met my brothers after a long time.Mr Savir ,4/5 years old,(Shabbir bhai, people call him) is the younger one.He is a gangster in the making. One thing is for sure, a guy like him will have girls going head over heels, for him.He takes no time to be comfy with strangers. The elder one, Mr Suryansh is very reserved and good boy sorts.A good footballer and a budding horse rider, he says he has read each Harry Potter 7 times.Even if exagerrated, its still impressive. Besides, he is already into classics.His library puts me to shame.

Kakima, is a suave,svelte woman, with a panache for fitness.She was my confidante when Kake was away.

Kaka....Oh he is such a ______________.Brash and rude, he is a perfect example of what happens to smart people ,with or without qualification. With a hotel management degree, after losing his first job in some Kashmir hotel even before he joined it, he is now a General Manager of Reuters, Saare news waalon ka baap.He is a sworn enemy, who makes sure my mother gets to know every thing I do here, in the worst possible way so as to put me in a spot. Things like, Tumhara beta bevda ban gaya hai, har raat vodka peeke tunn ho jaataaa hai.

11th May, the first day at ESPN.My office, Oh i so like saying office, it has a certain ring to it, something that makes me feel like a grown up, infact the first few days just saying "main office jaa raha hoon"gave me goosebumps, was 30km from the hotal.

Reached office at Gurgaon ,on a crowded low floor bus after a 1hour 30 minute ride.The ESPN office was magnificent.I havent been in an office before , so I said " Yo dude!! Not a bad start".Mr Rohit Khanna please at the office reception.He happens to be a very close friend of kake-di-jaan.
Receptionist said, "Saab aapke liye chaaaye mangaau".I said, "Nahi abhi andar pee lunga".So I peshaoed my tashrif, on a couch at the reception.A decent looking guy sitting opposite to me.He looked like a pakka corporate. One hour, down the lane and noone called me inside.Two hours.The receptionist said," Saab chaaye?"...:"Haan ji dedo"...Tea wasnt bad but I aint here to wait am I?Finally gave a call to chacha jaan....."Aye Bhidu, aapka langotiya yaar mujhko bula kyun nahi raha"...10 minutes later I entered the office.

Rendevous with Mr Khanna was brief.

Yaar aaj main bahut busy hoon, tu please aaj wait kar le...common take this magazine and read it.

Brand Reporter, not a bad magazine. I thought, what if he wants to test me....wants to see how well I read this magazine.Man, I am such a moron.I started remembering the names mentioned in the magazine, what if he asks me, Ogilvy ke General Manager ka naam kya hai ...Am I a nutcase or something?....he asked me to sit in a couch outside his cabin.Called me again after an hour and said ,bete, tu neeche lunch kar le, go to Cafe deja vu and not "Punjaabi by Nature", kaafi expensive hai. So I went to Cafe Deja vu.Rs 150 for a plate of some vegetarian dish and Rs 30 for a naan, and Mr Khanna said this was the cheaper option.I am sure all my friends in Kgp, agree to this that Kgp has indeed saved a lot of money for all of us.Our parents should be grateful to Kgp for this.

Had a meeting with Mr Khanna again and this time we had a pleasant convrsation.I thought with my Einstein brains, What if he wants to analyse me ,by this friendly conversation. There you go ,I was in my "impress karo" mode, which all my friends emphatically believe is always disastrous.

What do you want to do bete?

Sir I want to be an entrepreneur

Oh good,what business?

Sir restaurants.

Yaar tu sports company mein kya kar raha hai phir, hotel mein jaa naa

Sir i want to use my expertise in Biotechnology in the food industry.... (wtf was I thinking
man)

Like what

Sir like, say you want to have chaat, but not the calories...I would like to make something that would satiate your craving for chaat but not give you calories.Like say a capsule that give you the satisfaction of a chaat .... (MAN WHAT A LOSER I AM)

Bete aaj tu ghar jaa.kal baa karte hai...

Took a bus back to the hotal

No comments:

Post a Comment