Friday, June 12, 2009

Conversation

Indraneel: HI...Whats your name?
Me: I am Shirsesh Nath Bhaduri
Indraneel:Sorry...I didnt get it...Can someone be louder please
Me:Shirsesh Nath Bhaduri ,SIR
I:What did I ask you when we met yesterday?
M:If I was hanging around ,sir
I:What did you say?
M:I said yes
I:Why didnt you stay then?
M:I thought you came to my workstation and spoke to me
I:You what?
M:I thought
I:Now dont repeat the same sentence again, I aint deaf
M:Alright
I:The most important thing in business is communication.If you cant communicate, you cant do business.If you cant speak ,you are dumb....If you cant follow orders,you are out...if you cant listen, thats the door(pointing to the door)
M:(turning around to see the door)
I:What are you studying?
M:Engineering at IIT KGP
I:What re you doing here then?
M:I wanted to see how corporates work
I:Why are we animals and is this a zoo?
M:Because I want to know if I fit in the zoo...oops...place sir
I:What do you want to do?
M:Want to be an entrepreneur(same old story about the restaurant and crap)
I:I dont think this place looks like a restaurant ,does it?
M:Yea,its brighter out here...(then realsied he wasnt looking for an answer)..Oh no not at all sir (Obviously, was that even a question,huh)
I:You want to have restaurants and you are working in a sports channel to learn how to do that..Now thats logical
M:Sir I want to corporatise restaurant business.Make it professional, an institution, something like the change Bansals brought to Coaching class business.(I thought that was a good answer, learnt my lesson I guess)
I:What have you done so far?
M:Made a presentation for Mr Shrikanth on PAL.And took the brief from Vishnu ,Prachi and Udai.Downloaded Opera, the browser for WAP sites
I:Oh Opera is all bullshit
M:Right sir
I:So I gather you have been whiling away time at the office,working on the net and nothing else.I want some good productive work and I expect my team to stay here till 8pm ,ATLEAST
M:Yes Sir
I:Leave

1 comment:

  1. It seems bahut khadus hai tumhara boss... masto conversation tha... & no matter how much we resent u'll never change your "impress karo" mode... anyways posts were really interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete