Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home and the Crossroad Blues.....

My kaka tried real hard to ensure that I dont go home on 31st May.He kept on calling maa and made up stories about how careless, irresponsible I am and how I criticized their food .My mom actually got convinced that I told kakima that Mujhse vegetarian khaana nahi khaaya jayega, mere liye baahar se chicken mangaao. IPL was coming to an end and the week was so peaceful because kaka was in NYC. And then he came back .....again....
In the end ,I managed to go to Allahabad by some train called Jharkhand Express from Old Delhi Railway Station. Now Old Delhi is literally old and dilapidating. Its the kinda place which foreigners call "Real India", the Travel and Living people usually show these scenes with the tabla and sitar playing in the background. Its such a cultural shock going there from a place like South Ex. The station itself brings you straight into Bihar from Delhi. I didnt know my berth and the train guys didnt bother to put up the reservation list, so I made the mistake of asking kaka to find out from Indian Railways website what my PNR status was from the station. He went something like ,"Shirsesh Nath Bhaduri, age 19 years , train Jharkhand Express, Ticket number xxxxxxxxxxx, going from Delhi to Allahabad, sex male, ..........................................................................................................................................., status confirmed seat number 2 coach B1"...5minutes of bullshit crap just to piss me off.This is my kaka for you.
Had an amazing weekend at home.
Came back on Monday morning and when I went into my room I was surprised to find high heel sandals, flowers, female clothes all over my bed. For a moment I wondered if I was in the right room and then kakima came and took me out.Turns out her sisters were sleeping there that night.Rushed to the office, did the normal work.
Now I was in a dilemma...whether to continue working on the imagegalleries,footers and the WAP sites or to work on PAL.
Shrikanth said I should make it very clear what I wanted to do. Now this was a sticky situation.If I refused to work on the imagegalleries and stuff I piss off Indraneel and if I work on it I learn just the technicalities of Digital Media and not really the marketing stuff I was here for.It was then that MrSanjay Kailash , Indraneel's boss stepped in and the doubts went away.
Mr Kailash is kaka's oldest and closest buddy. Infact they both lost their first job at the Kashmir hotel together.He also happens to be an Army Kid. He and my kaka, have come a long way since. He now lives in a penthouse in Gurgaon and drives an Endeavour.Kaka says it is indecent to discuss salaries but both Mr Kailash and kaka earn such mind boggling amounts that you cant help discussing it.I'll not discuss it here though. Touch wood.
Mr Kailash said, Dude, you arent going to "learn" marketing in 1month, neither can you contribute to our company in that period, what you can do is learn whatever is coming your way,anything and everything.As a beginner you are the lowest level of food chain.
I decided I'll do both.
World Cup heat was on. Now the three of us had an extra work of making player and team profiles, finding pictures of all players and sizing them.Usually it takes about 3weeks to do this job. Indraneel forgot telling us about this work before so, we had 3 days instead.Those three nights I hardly slept. Kept on updating the things till it was over.We managed to complete it. All our dinners at the best restaurants helped in a big way I would say, but therez something wrong with these North Indians.Why are all of them, almost all of them, vegetarian???How can someone have Paneer and tofu in Mainland China when the prawns and the crabs on the buffet are visually flirting with you??I mean, Mr Kausal , a sikh guy, was also vegetarian. Now thats abnormal. Managed to polish off whatever was served, though.
Almost the entire office was going to England to watch the matches. The funny bastard wasnt. Seeing him gossip about how someone junior than him will to go to England and why he can't go was the funniest part of my stay there. The travel desk was adjacent to our workstation and everyone who was going used to come to the Traveldesk guy for tickets ,Visa etc. Funny bastard being so popular , they used to chat with him while getting their work done. OH you should have seen the look on his face.
Kosal carried on leaving on time .His philosophy was simple- Give me work or I leave on time.
This didnt go down well with the funny bastard and said a little something to Indraneel over dinner about Kosal's habit. Next day ,Kosal got an ass whooping. Funny Bastard even came to Udai and said, Tu itne din se hai yahaan hai, you are senior to Kosal,usse kaam karaa nahi to tujhko kaam karna padega,dekhle tujhiko exploit karte hai sab.... Udai replied," Aapko kaam karaana hai to kaaraa lo, main jiska boss nahi hoon usko order nahi dunga.".... Funny bastard never said anything about Kosal to Udai again...

1 comment:

  1. this is the coolest blog i have gone through in last few months,pure , unadulterated Awesome..!

    ReplyDelete