Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 2,3,4,5

Told kake, Sir I blew it. Restaurants ??what was i thinking, Sports channel waale ko restaurant bolke impress karunga??....Oh teri ,I am such an ass....One and half hour of dhakka mukka later reached office again.Placed myself on the safe couch outside MrKhanna's office.MrKhanna introduced me to his team, and they gave me a brief about the promotional thingies they are doing, something about Premier Affinity League, a social networking website for EPL fans, about Learning Grounds, for school kids, a Soccer League for schools in some cities.Not bad dude.That ESPN isnt worried about promoting T20 World Cup, because "its Cricket yaar", ads to aiwayi types aayenge.
We discussed all this for an hour or so and then back to the couch.I thought Lets skip lunch today, its damn overpriced.Left office at 4pm.

Next day, I was given my workstation.Now that was something dude.A workstation.This is what I always dreamt of man.oooooo.Workstation was at a corner ,isolated and private.It worked for me, because I had no work to do and Omegle, the new site where you can chat with strangers, was of such help.The privacy made sure no one saw me chatting away to glory.

Kake, mujhko kaam kyun nahi de rahe yaar.

Bete, this is corporate.

Next day I just ventured into the cafetaria in the office.And there was normal lunch served there.I took a plate, thinking it has to be cheaper than the meal downstairs.Had a good meal and then asked the waiter, Bhaiyya ,pay kahaan karna hai??

Sir jee, free hai

After being dead bored for four days , my uncle said, ESPN new media mein kaafi kuch kar raha hai. I said my workstation is with the new media guys as well.Lets read about it. It is media of marketing in the electronic form, say WAPsites, SMS, updates, livescores, etc.

Went to MrKhanna the next day.Said Sir I want to work on New Media.

dekha isiliye main tujhko project nahi de raha tha.Taaki tu soche, tujhe kya karna hai, dekha ab tune socha aur tujhe yeh pasand aaya.Tab tujhko kuch de diya hota to tujhko pasand nahi aata.Go ahead ,do it

Haan sir aapne sahi socha.

1 comment: