Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Prologue...A mistake from the beginning

First of all, I am not an MBA student.Neither am I a graduate from some arts/commerce college looking for an experience before applying for MBA colleges.
So....Who am I?....You really want to know....I am an engineering student from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur doing a Five Year Dual Degree course in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering.
Right from the time when I was being told of what would happen when I would join IIT.It was almost like a fairy tale kind of a place where any thing is possible, where you are allowed to do anything.My father had even promised me a car or something like that when I was in Class 6th.So, YO IIT.For those who know me,they know how easy it is to fool me.I thought highly of myself though.Over confidence is another forte.Went to IIT.

Realised my dad had fooled me badly.I was conned.My dad gifted me a "Hero Traliblaizer"( fancy name for a bicycle,eh???)But I still hoped the "Anything is possible" part was true.So I thought , lets appear in the exams without preparing....There you go....I even passed the exams, lets not discuss the grades though.

I thought lets maaro a propose to a girl I dont even know.I did it twice.Lets not discuss what happened next.

I thought lets start a band and perform at Wildfire( a rock comptt. in our college)...Lets not discuss our position.

I thought lets walk to class and eat at Billo's everyday hoping walking to the class (300metres from my hostel) would compensate for the calories I gain eating at Billo's.I gained a few kilos, lets not discuss how few.

THEN, I thought lets do an internship in some MNC where no IIT student even thinks of going.My chacha-jaan was there to get a job for me after all. So one lazy summer morning, pinged kake di jaan, and said,"Oye kake,mujhe job dila"...Kaka said,"Delhi aa jaa".A couple of mails to some top honchos of ESPN later ,I got my internship confirmed, having no idea, why I wanted to have this internship.Maa-baap ko kaha ,lets buy some formals, bought some (which incidentally were a little small for me,thanks to a marrriage I attended after buying those clothes,Billo's Afghani Chicken didnt help either)

This blog is about my experiences here so far and the ones to come.Kalyan says ,I am a terribly boring blogger,so sorry if I bored you so far....If I didnt ,go on read my experiences,trust me its one helluva story, so far.

2 comments:

  1. thats the bhaduri we love .. yo b****c*** !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. surely ur blog is boring but to ppl ,who can relate to it, is a f...ing hitting the reality block on the FACE :-)

    ReplyDelete